Rescue and Non-Profit Tips
Building your Mailing Lists and Prospects
Selling Products Creatively
Do's and Don't's for for Exhibitors
Please note: The following suggestions are a collection of real life examples that past exhibitors have found successful. Exhibitors have asked for donations using the ideas below to increase donations desire. We hope this information helps! If you would like to share methods that you have used at one of our shows please email us type in the subject line "Collecting Prospects".
- Create a raffle for items, such as:
- A luxury Gift Basket
- A Gift card to a popular retailer (Try not to give a gift card to your business)
- A Gift card to local eatery
- An attractive collection of pet products for various pets, including cats and birds.
- A Gift card for pet services such as a grooming, boarding, training, etc.
- Put a large and very visible gift basket on display with a professional sign that says "Register to win. Winner will be selected at 5:30pm."
- Always offer to e-mail any attendee purchase receipts and then take advantage of the opportunity and ask them if you could be added to your mailing list.
- Take time to network with other exhibitors, rescues and sponsors. Synergy works!
- Host more than one raffle throughout the day to win free products or services.
- Display a clipboard with sign-up sheet to receive more information or learn about specials, sales, etc. throughout the year.
- Offer attendees 10% off their first purchase, or some other discounts or coupons, if they sign up for your mailing list--both e-mail and physical mail.
- After the event, offer those who provide you with contact information incentive to 'refer a friend.' For 5 referred friends, the attendee receives a coupon, discount, free item with purchase, etc.
- If you feel like you have a good list but you would like to have a larger list purchase the Amazing Pet Expos attendee list from the same show or a different show. We also have attendee lists from the previous year as well.